Thursday 24 July 2014

My Eyebrows Are Sisters, Not Twins.

Today I was talking eyebrows with a friend. How is it that conversation came to be? *shrugs* Who knows, we were just yapping. But then I started looking through old photos, and as I did, the devolution and evolution of my eyebrows knocked me for six.

Exhibit A...


I think it's safe to say that most of us girlies, and even some of you lads (own it if it's true), have inhabited, or are currently inhabiting, the dreaded, "What the hell have you done to your eyebrows" stage of our lives.


Some of us never realise it whilst we're there. (Who am I trying to fool here?) Most of us never realise (Okay, let's get real) None of us realise it when we're there. Heck, I could be back there now. (Gosh, please say I'm not back there now) And until we look back on those photos from last night, last summer or even a few years ago, we'll never really see it for what it is... (even with your mum harping on about them, or the lack there of).


Exhibit B...
A seriously, wafer thin look

For those of you currently inhabiting the address of "What the hell have you done to your eyebrow's?" (WARNING: Don't dismiss this easily, you may find it does apply tomorrow. If such is the case, don't fret. Those videos and photos, awaiting you in not so distant future, will soon grant you admittance to the club where one screams, "What the F*#@ did I do to my eyebrows?") don't worry, its all a part of the big picture.

We're supposed to go through that stage of making a right balls up of our eyebrows. It's the path we must tread in order to learn. We mess it up to get to know it. We break it down to build it up. All the while our future selves thank us. It's a coming of age thing. (Note, the coming of age part is not limited to the young.)

Granted some just make a right tits up of it again and again. Others never realise they're destroying there eyebrows...  but so's life. 


Number one tip: Your eyebrows are sisters, not twins.
(Honestly, I used to hack away with the tweezers, trying so much so to get my eyebrows identical I'd almost be left with nothing.)


Let me know your tips. Have you found, or are yet to find, those photos or videos that make you cringe when it comes to your brows? 

11 comments :

  1. I always get commented on how my eyebrows look different but I agree with you 100%
    I remember when I tweezed my eyebrows a bit too much once, it was so horrible
    Great post tho xx

    www.thatasianchica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, hun. And I know, it's so easy to over-pluck them when you're trying to get them as identical as possible. x

      Delete
  2. totally agree with your main point! this reminds me i need to do my brows too haha

    from helen at thelovevcatsinc.com

    ps. my cute Dahlia coat giveaway worth £80 ends soon! click here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done some cruel, cruel things to my eyebrows in the past.. I just can't forgive 14 year old me for the mere suggestion of eyebrow that was left after she'd finished with them!! Gimme yours pleeease xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I know what you mean, I wish I could go back to my younger self and say, " Put, the tweezers, down." xx

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love your eyebrows! I hate mine, they're so sparse and a rubbish shape :(

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, hun. And for sparse brows, you know what they say. A little bit of eyebrow pencil (matching your hair colour of course) goes a long way. Unless you make the mistake that I have before, and ended up putting so much on I looked like I had two very dark slugs on my face. lol. xx

      Delete
  5. Hello darling!
    Just to let you know I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Go over to my blog here: http://perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/liebster-award.html to check out the post I made and find out more about it!
    JB xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look back at pics when I has no idea about filling in my brows and just wish I had known!!

    CassandraMyee | NZ Beauty Blog - International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. Pop over to my blog for details xx
    http://mandybelleblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...